View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #40
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
As much as it pains me, I must admit that this was not as good as "As the Mirror Cracks". It was fun to read, fun to be in the world he created and experience it, but somehow the story was tedious. It started out interesting, then babbled on for a while, then it got interesting and hectic, and then it sort of ended again. Maybe I'm too much of an action-junkie to appreciate extensive scene-setting.
What I like about Steve's style is how very often he expects us to know how gadgets work / what they do, even though he invented them and we can't know for sure what they are, only to them explain to us later. Very interesting.

I definately hope we'll all be using electicity from renewable sources soon and electric scooters multiply in numbers! I used to be able to fill my tank with about 7 Euros, last I paid at the gas station was 9,50 Euro.
And when we get electric vehicles, I'll make millions inventing a cool "whirr" operating sound so that pedestrians can hear us coming!

@Steve: any ambitions to write another non-Sci-Fi novel / a noir-style psychological drama with a little mystery thrown in ?
mores is offline   Reply With Quote