View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #31
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I guess latepaul does have a point with those features, but possibly it just depends on your point of view? If you want to argue that ebooks have value that physical books don't, you can use those features to illustrate it. I tend to agree with your POV samhy, it's the device that gives you those plus points, not the actual ebook.
It's the device plus the ebook - you need both to do the actual reading. And it's the ebook you're making a decision about (shall I buy it? is it too expensive?). Regardless of how you make use of it (i.e. via a device you already paid for) the ebook has a feature the pbook doesn't and that's worth something to some people. (If it wasn't ereaders wouldn't exist or they'd be an technological curio).

What you're really saying is that the pbook's unique features - lend-ability etc - are worth more to you than the ebook's ones.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote