View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #28
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
It takes a certain mindset to venture off into the unknown, and neatly obeying all the rules does not fit.

All personal opinion of course.
i agree. if you simply follow the rules and do what everyone else does and what is expected of you, you might have an interesting idea now and then and even create something agreeable but you won't be able to develop any true GENIUS ideas because they require taking an unconventional perspective : "what ? the world is NOT the center of the universe, you say ???" despicable heretic, or genius ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
As both a programmer and an artist (poetry, drawing, musician) I can say that I consider programming an artistic endeavor. Code is poetry.
completely true. someone who writes elegant code is trying to achieve the same grace and balance of syntaxe and vocabulary as someone writing a poem. i have utmost respect for developpers. they are artists just as much as designers. and some more so. take a look at the works of John Maeda for a stunning example. wiki article about him : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Maeda
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote