View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #36
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I think you are right - it's harder to "pick" literary non-fiction than fiction and of course poetry. I felt pretty confident about Robert Graves' book because he was clearly one of the important English writers of the 20th century - a great poet, but also a fine writer of novels and a number of non-fiction works. I think Barbara Tuchman is a fine historian, but apart from those examples, I would really have to think quite hard to come up with a good list of literary non-fiction. Like you caleb, that probably means I don't read anything like as much non-fiction as fiction!

That book by Hilaire Belloc sounds interesting, fantasy fan. Hold that thought for next time!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote