View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:03 AM   #8
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I did have a problem, but it probably isn't actually Sigil's. I usually start Sigil from calibre with the Open With pliugin. When I did this, it put up a MS Visual C++ Runtime Library error with Sigil.exe. The error was:

Code:
R6034
AN application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
When I press the OK button, it Sigil starts OK.

This is on Windows 7 with the latest calibre 0.8.69 and whatever is the latest version of Open With.
@davidfor - I get that on my machine too - but only with the packaged 32-bit build. The 64-bit build on Windows 7 x64 with Open With works fine. And launching Sigil 32-bit from the shortcut works fine.

On XP, the 32-bit build also gives the Open With error, but Sigil will actually still open after the error.

From my quick googling it looks like the Sigil packaging may need tweaking to include a manifest - I suspect calibre is using different versions of these dlls and there is an incompatibility error being thrown about different versions being loaded side by side. But I'm sure John will figure it

Last edited by kiwidude; 09-21-2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Added XP information.