View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #15
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
At the end of the day, I've found the simplest thing to do is to run a hand-crafted (Sigil) epub through Calibre thus: my epub->.mobi in Calibre; then that same .mobi->epub, again in Calibre, and then use that second, Calibre-generated epub, drag-n-drop it on KindleGen and get a Kindle-ready .mobi file which will withstand the rigors of K4PC second layer of encryption. The entire "problem" is not really anything more than the fact that the toc is named differently by the two different formats.

I could probably craft a clip to open the epub and fix the stuff in the guide, but I'm a bit busy these days...I may yet get around to it, simply because I'd rather have complete control...but this other method works and gens an active TOC that works sweet.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote