View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #132
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
[/indent]Be advised, if you've never read Piers Anthony's before, don't judge his other titles by the subject matter of this book, they are nothing alike and he's very careful to keep his other novels teen-friendly. He has sold millions of books and they are a blast to read (his Xanth novels are full of silly, and many times dumb, puns, to you always get a good chuckle).
<sigh>

Piers Anthony is one of the best in the genre at taking an idea and running with it. Unfortunately, he's one of the worst at knowing when to stop, and tends to run things right into the ground, with Xanth a prime example.

I'll recommend the first one or two of the Xanth books, but not beyond. I do highly recommend early books like _Macroscope_ and the "Orn, Omnivore, 0X" trilogy.

Anthony uses the profits from his writing to buy undeveloped land near him in Florida and keep it undeveloped. Xanth books sell, so he writes Xanth books. I admire the motive, but can't read the work.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote