View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartesio View Post
The other is a weird thing: in my Kindle 2, I am allowed to keep old editions of all my subscriptions, including those dowloaded through Calibre, with the exception of the New Yorker. The option to keep the old edition is missing.
I believe if you add timefmt = '' (two single quotes) in the top section of the recipe, you will get the behavior you want on the Kindle.

When you're done, that section of the recipe should look like this:

Code:
encoding = 'cp1252'
timefmt = ''

You'll need to use the 'Customize builtin recipe' feature in 'Add custom news source' to do this. Make sure that the indent level is the same.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote