Thread: Les Misérables
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #32
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Hapgood translation, Carefully Crafted Classics.
$2.99 for Kindle:
http://www.amazon.com/Mis%C3%A9rable...d_sim_kstore_4

Has almost all the words.
My understanding is that the original did not. They were filled back afterwards as the editors and commentators figured them out. Some of those have never been 'filled in'. Or that, in short, is what I remember reading in the editorial note to a print copy I picked up an my girlfriend's place a while ago - I know is was Hapgood's translation, but I couldn't tell you the editor.

The version above is pretty free of errors, decently formatted, and with pretty illustrations.
If you want a free one, I can't help.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote