View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:47 AM   #41
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Subtitle: How many bestsellers and Big Publishers' books do I have to dig past to find my humble novel, without resorting to a specific search?
I assume Amazon is sorting based on sales volume, so any new title would be low on the list. I don't know if the Kindle search is based on AZW sales only or not. If it includes all media, then e-book only products will be at a disadvantage.

Note that Amazon is quite effective at suggesting new titles based on overall buying patterns (others who bought this also bought), and your own buying patterns (you might like). However, recommendations may also be biased to high volume items. Some times the individual recommendations get fixated on new purchases over older ones, so if you just bought (say) several hard case crime books this category will dominate Amazon's picks even if overall you buy more science fiction.

Amazon's fixation of sales volume can be annoying, they will slip in a best seller recommendation out of left field occasionally, but I'm sure they would tell you that their technique maximizes sales.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote