View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 05:59 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
I use a virtual machine of Win2K for my favorite editor -- as part of the process of creating the text files I run everything through iconv for Windows.

Makes it easy to make batch files and macros that do the conversion to UTF-8. You have to be comfortable with the command line, but it's super-convenient.
Notepad++ has plugins that convert a whole lot of text
things from 1 world to another: *nix<->Mac<->Win

Even if Sigil can't (won't) fix dual encoding things, I would like it to Pop up a Stop message, rather than silently throwing characters away or trashing them completely.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote