View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #4
ziphnor
Enthusiast
ziphnor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
You don't have to worry about regional restrictions. There are very simple (and legal) workarounds, so you'll have access to the entire US selection.
Where can i find more information about that?

Quote:
Amazon really sometimes has the best selection. But especially for fiction, you'll usually get your books in ePUB format as well.
Whats the primary shopping place(s) for epub books (just to compare the selection)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller
Concerning the "perfect" reader it really depends on your needs: Touchscreen or not? 6" or bigger? Dictionary or not?.........
[quote = "KunoK"]
5) I think Irex 800 is the nearest competitor, but there is no dictionary support. If you are primarily into fiction, you don't need a big display like the DX.
[/quote]

A dictionary is essential. Even though my english is pretty good i still occasionally encounter words that i dont understand 100%.

My primary use is fiction, but i was hoping to use it a bit for technical books and papers. However this secondary use is not really something i want to determine my choice of reader.

Even for fiction 6" seems very small to me. With none of the readers coming anywhere near 200 pixels per inch it would seem you would be able to fit less text than in a similar size book, and 6" isnt even the size of a small paperback. But perhaps i am missing something about the necessary size?

Quote:
As simplistic as it may seem, I'd consider nook for you. With the B&N shop, you'll have nearly as much books to choose as with Kindle. You can exchange the US SIM and replace it with a Danish one.
Interesting, i was not aware that i could just swap the SIM card!

Thank you for taking the time to answer..
ziphnor is offline   Reply With Quote