View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #173
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
PDurrant:

I get that, but...not to be dense, how's it getting from here to there? I went back and read the original post, but it seems as though the intent is for a mobi that goes through the usual channels. My comprehension here is that he's trying to create a type of concordance or compendium that x-refs the original page numbers to an (external?) reference material/app?

Hitch
He's made the concordance. What he's working on is a script/app to run on his Kindle Fire (an android device) that will tell the Kindle app to open the book at any particular location, so that his app can open the book at (say) page 304, doing the translation from page number to location for him.

I suspect he'd be better off looking into how Amazon handles their 'real page numbers' instead.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote