View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 11:26 PM   #2
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
To avoid from this kind of injury, you should try to hold your device properly (keep your wrists in a more upright position), take more breaks, and write fewer and shorter notes and messages.
One way to relieve the first symptoms is to use a wrist split while sleeping. I've tried it and it works.
Quote:
How is CTS treated?
Splinting the wrist in a straight position is the most important non surgical treatment. When the wrist is straight the size of the carpal tunnel is maximal. If the wrist is bent in either direction the tunnel becomes smaller and may initiate symptoms.

* Myth--The splint doesn't need to worn at night.
* Truth-- At night is the most important time to wear the splint.
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/healt...asp?index=7081

Google can help you to find some exercise suggestions. Key words: rsi, carpal tunnel, exercises, etc.

Also, there are lots of programs for your computer to help you avoid this condition. The one I use is WorkPace (www.workpace.com). I've tried also rsiguard (rsiguard.com). Both are superb.

Last edited by Francesco; 04-23-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote