View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #27
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Because the cracks are appearing most often in the bottom corner(s), I'm thinking it may have to do with how tightly the Kindle is held while reading. There would be a tendency to put more pressure in that area, since the page-advance buttons are right there. And it's a natural place to grasp to balance the device too. This may be something to pay attention to, but this cracking shouldn't be happening, of course!
I'm sure some may be experiencing this issue from holding too tightly but that isn't the case for my and my wife's K3s. I just noticed that both of ours have a hairline crack about 1/2" to 3/4" long off the lower right-hand corner of the screen. It's just really odd that both of our Kindles have experienced this. I bought hers for her birthday back in October and she gave me mine for Christmas and they've been in cases since we took them out of the packaging. Neither of us really hold our Kindles at all; we hold the cases.

I'm not really sure if I should do anything at this point. I've read of users having their Amazon accounts banned for returning too many products, even for valid reasons. We both had to return our original unlighted K3 cases for the lockup/random reboot issue. Now both of our cases have cracks. We're not really experiencing any negative issues so I'm not sure if we should pursue it at this point. In fifteen years I've never experienced the first problem with Amazon Customer Support but after hearing of customers having their accounts banned, I'm a little concerned.

What do you guys think?

- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote