View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #11
Luke_Y
Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.Luke_Y can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmots View Post
I ordered my reader and it shows up tomorrow. I am a mac user and have the lp500 gui and it does seem very good. I already have some books converted from non-drm .lit and used the viewer to see them. However I may want to purchase some that have drm. Is there a mac solution for stripping the drm off files, or must I use boot camp/etc.
I found this Download DMG at macosxhints HERE

Haven’t had much opportunity to use it yet. But as I understand it you just drag your drm lit file onto it and it dumps out a folder containing the component JPEG images, HTML files, and Open eBook files... At that point I think you zip that folder or place it in a zipped folder and you can use libprs500 to convert to LRF... At least that’s how I understand it, like I say haven’t played much with it yet.

Kovid may be able to provide more info on what to do with those files in libprs.
Luke_Y is offline   Reply With Quote