Thread: Firmware Update Kindle firmware update 2.3.3 available
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenEdgerly View Post
I can't seem to uninstall my screensaver hack. It shows up as + SSi 0.1 on Settings view. I have tried to copy Update_kindle2_restore_default_screen_savers.bin to the root of my Kindle, when I update my Kindle, my custom screensavers are still there. I also tried copying a file in my hacks folder named update_uninstall.bin . No luck. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
Are you still on firmware 2.0.x? You might try installing the 0.4 version (the were several bug fixes) on top of the 0.1 version then un-installing it.

You can download the files here.

Strike all of that. I just checked my K2 and I also have SSi 0.1. for my 2.3 update. I now realize that you may not have the correct uninstall bin file. The latest hacks don't include a restore default screen_savers bin file. I'm guessing you own a K2 U.S. so you should be using "update_screensaverhack-uninstall-K2.bin" which you can find here. If you have K2 International, the correct uninstall bin can be found at the same link.

Last edited by daffy4u; 02-14-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: So much mis-information. :)
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote