View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #35
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by scveteran View Post
They are not being dishonest. They tell you that a feature of the system is that you can lend your books. I really think it is silly to not realize that there will be limits on that.

It seems to me that there are some people who are just looking for a reason to not like it.
Actually, I quite liked the device, but I still view it as dishonest to have big bold print "You can lend your books" and making people search to find the small print of "if the publisher will allow it" and "only once - forever".

I don't think it's a natural assumption that "Lending your books" means once, forever. Assuming some kind of limitation, maybe (although not with their particular wording - no limitation is stated OR implied), but there's no way most people would assume "Oh, 'you can lend your books' means I can lend it to one time - forever".

I think DesertGrandma had it right - list it as LIMITED ability to lend, and I wouldn't have had a problem.

Make it clear from the start, and I have no problem. Deliberately try to mislead people, and yes - I view it as dishonest.

Last edited by junkml; 10-23-2009 at 07:16 PM.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote