View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
This books sounds pretty cool. I've never read a Dan Brown or seen The DaVinci Code or anything. Will I be missing anything if I read The Lost Symbol without being familiar with anything else?
Whatever you do, recognize that Dan Brown's researching of actual history is pretty lousy. The DaVinci Code is a perfect example. One example? Monks in Opus Dei? Really Dan? Did you even bother to research Opus Dei? If you did you'd see... no monks are members of Opus Dei. And ignore the blurb at the beginning that claims while fiction, he lists things are supposedly "true" as less than a half hour of research will show that much of what he purports to be true is simply put, not true at all.

I think he's a hack and a lousy writer but hey, most people will simply believe stuff because Dan Brown said so; it sells so whatever. Me personally, I'd never pay a penny for anything by him.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote