View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #11
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As for Baen books, RTF, LIT, or HTML will work fine for loading into Book Designer to convert to LRF. Yes RTF can be read directly, but it's nicer to have them in LRF.
I suggest using Kovid Goyal's html2lrf converter. It does a great job on Baen's books starting from their html format with no human intervention (other than kicking it off from the command line). If you have a box that provides a unix shell, I have a little script that you can invoke giving only a source directory and a destination directory that will do all the work from there.

The only slightly odd choice I've made for formatting is that I make the default font size smaller than some might like. The reason is to be able to read in landscape mode without getting giant fonts. I wind up using size M in portrait and size S in landscape.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote