View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
download only

Hi colinus

I'm also a newbie and looking to do the same sort of thing. As I understand it, each recipe is a piece of python script so what you need to focus on is getting python on your platform and then you'll be able to steal recipes to run your downloads.

Now your particular OS is an embedded Linux aimed at wireless routers? and you're trying to run the downloads on a router? That might be a bit ambitious as you'll likely run out of resources when processing even a modest web site to extract the data you want.

Obviously if anyone can point me at a thread with some more info on this I'd much appreciate it to save headaches as I want to run this on my NAS which conveniently has Python 2.7 installed... but I much prefer to run the full featured Calibre as a Windows client on my PCs to manage my library (which resides on the NAS without any issues)

cheers!
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote