View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
the design of the survey is questionably for reaching this conclusion. someone that has not experienced an ebook would be unlikely to prefer it; market saturation therefore influences the poll. maybe they accounted for that but without the crosstabs, one can't know. The vast majority of time I prefer e. But sometimes dead trees comfort me; i'm dark that way.
I don't think your points invalidate the poll: a lot of people may prefer paper books only because they haven't used e-book readers...but as they actually do prefer paper books, the poll is completely accurate.

The numbers aren't surprising, really; paper books still outsell e-books by a substantial margin.

Although it would be interesting if the poll included how many and what kind of books the person read; I suspect the numbers who prefer e-books are higher in people who mostly fiction and who read 10+ books per year.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote