Thread: Classic Buy or wait?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmatt View Post
Yes, I know, I just don't want to buy one and be immediately obsolete within the next month or two. I haven't seen any significant leaks on the Nook 2 and B&N's current state probably implies they wont be doing a new iteration any time soon.
I'm waiting for N2 before I buy. Both Amazon and Sony have refreshed their product line; and in time for the coming holiday season. If B&N doesn't refresh by November, the new Kindle will steal the holidays with its better specs and lower price.

Another factor at play here is Amazon's move into B&M stores. Besides Target, the Kindle is going to Best Buy and Staples. BB will then have all three of the major eReaders on display. Customers will be able to see side-by-side comparisons of 3rd generation Kindles and Sonys (with newer technology) right alongside last years Nook (with older technology). Is that what B&N wants for the holidays?

I'm waiting.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote