View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #16
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I'm sorry, I'm probably going to expose my ignorance or lack of sophistication here, but I don't understand your question. I have uploaded several ebooks in which I took an image to use as the cover, and then overwrote the book title on that image.
Well, it's just my concern that others have mentioned that using background-image isn't really a valid epub way of doing things -- but it's all over my head, so I can't actually give you more details than that.

I do seem to recall that in one of the threads I looked at the other day (while trying to find how to do this, before posting my question) had one person coming up with a possible solution, and another person replying by saying that what they'd done should be put in an SVG wrapper -- but if I remember correctly, that's where that thread ended and there was no explanation or expansion on that (I don't have a link for that thread, off-hand, but could probably find it again -- although as I said it didn't go into the reason "why" it should be in an SVG wrapper, let alone did that person explain how).

Gotta run -- busy day today! And thanks again to Rubén for all your great input here!
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote