View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Kovid - right, I thought you meant some trickery to get this plugin to assign the objectName() for each item. I still don't understand your positional index point - being the nth menu in a menu doesn't mean much if it has become the nth+1 item on the menu at the time you go looking for it at the nth position

I (think) we are agreed that it would have to be *other* plugins setting "something" on *their* QAction items in this rare circumstance of a menu item not being mutable. Which puts me pretty much back where I started at the top of the page, be it with confirmation it is the only other way .

Longer term when I next fiddle with the Reading List plugin I will figure out some additional attribution or objectName approach that will be the new "workaround" should any other plugins hit this situation, and push a new release of this plugin to cope with it. I just didn't want to do it yet without thinking through all the scenarios I want to cater for (such as allowing a suffix or pattern to be applied to the user specified custom name to retain the dynamic aspect to it when place on this plugin's menu).
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote