View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #8
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
I see you've already gotten the usual round of suggestions. I can recommend Kobo quite enthusiastically.

But even for the Sony store, there are some tricks and tips for getting the best prices. I've found that if I put books I'm interested in on my "wish list" in the Sony store and just leave them there for a while, the prices often come down. Especially true for something just released. It's much like the old days where a book would come out first in hard back, then a year later in a much less expensive paperback edition. Only it usually doesn't take a year for the prices to drop.

Kobo often (but not always) has lower prices - but they also send out coupons good for 20 - 30% off one or more books. Again, if you keep titles you're interested in on your wish list (Kobo calls it your "library") you can jump on the chance to buy them when you get a coupon.

And check the list of libraries that do lend e-books. Sometimes you only need to live in the same state or county to sign up for a non-resident library card. There are a few libraries that will accept all comers, as long as you pay the annual fee (which is pretty nominal).
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote