View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #97
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you're saying my statement is not accurate then it sounds like you are saying everyone, without exception, can avoid eyestrain if they just follow proper ergonomic guidelines.

You're not making this claim, are you?
Can't speak for him, but I don't think I or others have implied that.

I think proper ergonomics and lighting conditions are crucial to minimize eye strain regardless of whether ones reading on e-ink, lcd a paper book or anything else.

Whether there's inherent difference in eye strain across types of devices even with the optimal ergonomics and lighting is debatable. Science aside, it seems reasonable from a common sense standpoint that light emitting devices would tire the eyes a bit faster than reflective ones due to more light entering the eye.

Whether that's truly the case I don't know, and frankly don't much care. Again it all boils down to reading on what feels best to your eyes and/or suits your need the best. And not caring what others think is the best to read on.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote