View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
If you used yifan's jailbreak, the Kindlet keys should have been installed with the jailbreak. (And the keystore is in the keys folder of the jailbreak package).
The poster did not specify his kindle model. I do not think yifanlu's K3 jailbreak installed any developer keys, and PoP assembled the combined developer keys much later.

I think that only yifanlu's K5 jailbreak installs the developer keys. In any case, you MUST install them on older kindles, and it does not hurt to install them (again) on a K5.

I like to avoid conditional branches in my code AND in my howto instructions (even if that means doing things that might not always be needed). Instructions with fewer decisions to be made means less confusion and fewer mistakes (even if less efficient).

At least, that is how I do things (especially when we do not know the poster's kindle model, such as in this case).

P.S. If we were to use an educated guess as to the poster's kindle model, it is probably a DX, based on the other posts in this thread. I am not aware of a DX jailbreak that installs developer keys (especially not recent combined developer keys).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-01-2012 at 12:13 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote