View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Cookbooks on the Kindle?

My early experiences with ebook cookbooks were not great, but I am reconsidering. There are a few I have looked at lately which did not have pictures or fancy layouts to them (Hungry Girl, vegan ones by Donna Klein) and they are half the price of the paper versions. How easy it is to use books like this on the Kindle? I find that with over 700 books on the Kindle, searching the whole Kindle is very slow. Can you search the insides of the books in Calibre?

I guess my usual MO is to put recipes I plan to use into Bento anyway, and I think it will be convenient to be able to just copy and paste the text of the recipe from my clippings file on the Kindle. So it seems like for a mostly-text cookbook, this should be a great improvement over the paper. But I am wondering if they are searchable in Calibre and if anyone has experiences using commercially published ebook cookbooks?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote