View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
edercito
edercito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 Wifi
Advice on buying a new Ereader

Hi all,
I have been a leech in these forums for over a year now. I have a Kindle 1, but I think it's time to get a new reader. I'd like to get one before Christmas but I can be patient if need be.

One of the things I'm looking for is a reader that can download content wirelessly, particularly newspapers. I'm not too impressed by the Kindle 2, so I'm looking at the Nook and the Daily Edition. I admit this is an odd comparison given price difference and the fact that neither of these devices is out yet. Nevertheless, here it goes:

To me the main difference between these two readers is the bigger and touch sensitive screen on the Sony Daily Edition. I don't care too much about content, as I mostly read public domain works. And while the bigger screen might make reading PDF's a less painful experience, I don't think ereaders are quite there yet, so I'll keep wasting paper in the meantime when I read my beloved physics papers.

My question to current Sony Touch Edition owners is if you had two devices X and Y with roughly the same specs except for the two main differences listed above, would this be worth a 50 % price difference? Any comments would be highly appreciated.
Eder
edercito is offline   Reply With Quote