View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 09:19 PM   #7
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
How long did you charge it? Was it at a full charge when you started reading?

If you enabled wifi and had automatic sync on then yes it will try to sync even when it's not plugged in.

Was the frontlight turned on and up? I've not noticed my H2O draining quickly with the frontlight on, but I keep it around 20%, I imagine if it was turned way up things may be different.

What I would suggest is the following

1) disable wifi, just tap the wifi logo in the top right corner and that should bring a pop up, up with a toggle for wifi. Set it to off.

2) Tap the light option at the top right, it looks like a sun, make sure it's not turned way up. You can also turn it off if you don't want to use it, however I find that 20% whitens the screen to a more enjoyable level when I read in well lit areas, and is bright enough in dark areas that I can read without issue. Everyones eyes are different, there are some folks on these forums who want a half percent option for the light. So you may need to tweak this to your liking.

3) Charge your Glo HD fully. It should take around 3 hours give or take to go from 0 to full. Don't use the time as a hard measure, but rather a guide to when to check on your Glo HD.

Keep in mind that any action that requires wifi will prompt you to turn it on, but will not disable it once you've finished what you're doing. And leaving wifi on when you aren't in wifi, specifically within range of one you've connected to, is a big battery drain.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote