View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Never is a long time. And while the first wave of new tablets may still only employ glossy LCDs, but I honestly expect at some point hybrid displays like Pixel Qi, Mirasol, and possibly Electrowetting will catch on. Plus higher costs could, in the long term, be offset by higher demand.
Yeah I didn't mean the screen and battery life can't eventually be as good.

But cost will always be higher probably (regardless of demand) just for the need for more power, more bundled software to do more things etc.

Vs. a simple e-reader which needs no extra software and not much processing power.

So I can still see simple e-readers selling for VERY cheap even a decade down the road as a simple to use alternative for people who just want something to read on and don't need/want any other features.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote