View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #25
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Sorry, I got carried away.

From W3Schools

Code:
.centerbox{
width:50%;
padding:10px;
text-indent: 0;
text-align: justify;
font-size : 90%;
margin-left: 25%;
margin-right: 25%;
margin-bottom:1em;
}
Stanza holds the lines together.

Code:
.stanza {
text-indent:0;
margin-bottom:1em;
}
It seems to work pretty well!!!
Sorry but I'm afraid that is not a complete solution, at least for ADE. The code all it does is to display text with a left margin of 25% of the screen. It could work only if the length of the stanzas is near 50% (or higher). Otherwise, the stanzas won't be shown centered. See the screenshot of my ADE below.

EDIT: I added a border to the .centerbox style, so you can see better what I want to say; the "box" is centered but text inside, not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CenterPoem.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	111571   Click image for larger version

Name:	CenterPoem1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	111572  

Last edited by RbnJrg; 09-19-2013 at 05:05 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote