View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
Kindle page numbers

Got a weird one. Just put my first book up on Kindle and one of my readers says the new page number function doesn't work. She put the file through Calibre to reformat some meta data, and the resultant file does show the page numbers.

I originally made the file that I uploaded to Kindle with MobiPocket Creator and converted to mobi with KindleGen. (Don't ask my why. I use calibre for everything else, but I know how to direct MPC to link the opf file to my TOC so that the kindle Contents tab goes there. I like my one page TOC better than the generated one. Also, I understand KindleGen gives a slightly higher cover image than Mobi or Calibre.

Anyway...just wondering if anyone understands how Kindle is creating these page numbers. Does it need the generated ToC?

As always...thanks!

Last edited by JaneFancher; 03-17-2011 at 01:50 AM. Reason: spelling
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote