View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #414
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidReed View Post
I totally agree about deleting but... part of the "problem" in processing a library of books is not always being 100% sure if there are columns anywhere in a book so I don't want to delete the .xpgt unless it's only used for margins. So my "backup" plan was to just "remove the margins". The work around is to do margin removal as a separate step from any other processing of known artifacts / metadata. If an xpgt is "empty" the margin removal will error out but since it's a separate step, no harm done.

The code should still not error on an XML file that's empty.
Of all the ePub I've seen with a page-template, not a single one was ever used to have columns. The problem with columns is that if you are using a small screen such as a cell phone in portrait, columns don't work.

But if you do remove margins and the page-template is empty, it should be deleted (IMHO).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote