View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #53
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
Going off topic slightly;

"Declare a Interest" is a phrase used by lawyers I believe.

I would like to see people who are directly or indirectly employed by Kobo to "declare" that fact in their posts so that those of us who are just customers can gauge what those people have to say.

Similarly anyone posting who works directly or indirectly for Kobo's competitor should also declare that. (don't hold out much hope for the latter)

Sharkus has set a good example by "declaring", perhaps the others will follow ?
Sharkus.

OK I understand the dificulties and probably it's a dead duck but, maybe I'm being paranoid, I sometimes get the impression that some posts seem designed to steer a thread away from or damp down complaints against a problem with a Kobo ereader.

Anyway since you as an employee have had your say maybe I as a customer can have mine.

I also used to have a technical "customer facing" (as it was called ) job.

Some customers were impossible, wanting technology to be 100% reliable, this is something you have to deal with. Luckily others were reasonable, its "swings and roundabouts".

As a customer let me ask you this. If we keep having problems with our Kobo ereader what should we do:

A. Report each one immediately to Kobo cust services.

B: Discuss them on this Forum.

C: Live with each one in the hope that Kobo will fix them sometime in the future.

D: Check this Forum, find out which brand of ereader gives the least hassle and buy one of them.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote