View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #14
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Katsunami, the reason I don't have wi-fi is that I discovered at my previous address, which was in a student area, that having the wi-fi antennae on on my pc gave me a headache. In the early days of wi-fi, before I had my own internet connection, I used to pinch the students' unsecured wi-fi and got headaches from it. When I got my own connection installed I learned about 'home plugs' which transfer the internet round the house via the electrical sockets (Devolo and Netgear make them). When I moved, I insisted that the installation guy switched the wi-fi off on the router.

It wouldn't cost me any more to have the wi-fi switched on; except the cost of a visit from Virgin, but I don't want to have this done.

I don't want to keep popping over to a friend's house to nick their wi-fi each time I add a book to a collection. Sure way to lose a friend!
I hope this isn't going to be a major issue. Can I create the collections using Calibre and put them onto the reader?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote