Thread: Troubleshooting Indexing is truly vexing ...
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes - definitely a good idea to leave it on the charger while it's indexing.
I tried that as well. But it still gets stuck at times. Fresh with this experience, I do not think it matters, maybe it is a tiny bit slower, but it still trundles on.

What is perplexing is also the fact that, for example, if it is stuck sometimes it is enough to restart it for the indexing to start again.

I loaded about 50 ebooks of my pile, and it stopped after 20. Restart kindle -> other 15 indexed -> restart kindle -> it is dealing with the rest.

In case you wonder, I restarted the kindle after 3-4 hours since the last apparent movement. And after that, it starts moving again. Why it gets stuck and then can restart again is baffling for me.

I just hope I can finish asap.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote