View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #12
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
rkomar, I've just started really playing around with this, and it is great, again thanks a lot. When running it from the applications menu, the options I had to open the directory were either the root of the SD card, or the directory "Books" on the device: is there any way to change this default (I wanted if possible to go higher up in the directories hierarchy)? I could not see how from the configuration settings.

More generally, I have a question on how to use it for exchanging annotated files. When taking free hand notes, the device records for each page two files, a .png image file of each page, and a corresponding .png.svg file that overlays the hand written notes. I can manually combine each pair of files to obtain a single image file corresponding to each annotated page, the convert it to pdf and combine all pages to obtain an annotated document, but I wonder whether there is a way to use the applications already developed to do this on the device - this is simply to be able to exchange annotated files with co-workers not yet converted to pocketbook

One final question: I ran your pp from the application menu, and
The program is using the InkView OpenDirectorySelector() dialog for that, and it doesn't seem to have any options for specifying different directory trees. However, "Books" corresponds to "/mnt/ext1" and "SD Card" to /mnt/ext2", and this should cover any directories that you have write access to. The stuff higher up probably doesn't have any images anyway (or none the default user can see). Are you sure the stuff you're looking for isn't under "Books" (like in the system/ directory)?

As far as combining notes into a document, I doubt whether you'll be able to produce a PDF file from the notes on the device without a lot of work. I'm not sure how you do it now, but I imagine it involves some program that won't build and run on the PocketBook devices. However, since the notes are stored using HTML, maybe it wouldn't be that hard to produce an EPUB file from them. That can be done using a script that would be similar to the edit-epub.app. Would your colleagues be able to use an EPUB file?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote