View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
jgratero
jgratero began at the beginning.

Device: none
Compiling for Lubuntu (regarding compiling instructions)

I'm compiling the binary for Lubuntu, and I've got a question regarding the instructions posted in the Sigil Wiki:

http://code.google.com/p/sigil/wiki/RunningFromSource

In the "Compiling on Linux" section, it states:

Quote:
It is assumed you want to generate Makefiles. You can do this by creating a new folder outside of the source distribution.
Sorry, english is not my first language, and I'm just trying to make sense of this... What does it mean "by creating a new folder outside of the source distribution"? This is about the folder the user creates when extracting the files within the source code .zip? or another folder?

Quote:
Now navigate to that folder with a terminal. Then type in and run the following:

cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release /path/to/extracted/folder
make
sudo make install
If I navigate to the folder (where the source is) on the terminal, why do I need to write the "path to extracted folder"? I'm already there...

Instructions to install Sigil (from the source code) in Linux Minut seems more straight forward:

Quote:
1. First add the Kubuntu backports for the Qt 4.7.x development library or above. Mint 9 users only.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports && sudo apt-get update

2. Add the source folder to the home directory, enter it, install the Qt libraries and generate the makefiles.

cd sigil && sudo apt-get install cmake g++ libqt4-gui libqt4-svg libqt4-webkit libqt4-xml libqt4-dev && cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

3. Finally, make and install.

make && sudo make install

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/457
The "You can do this by creating a new folder outside of the source distribution" is pretty much absent so, what's that about?
jgratero is offline   Reply With Quote