View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #11
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
... publishers should institute some kind of limited sharing ability on their products because readers are accustomed to sharing books. The type of people who share books is also the type of people who buy books.
Agreed. The bookshelves (and closets, and attic) are filled. Most of what I read in paper form either gets passed on to someone I think will like it, or if I'm traveling, left in a hotel lobby, restaurant, airport waiting area...What I can, I sell for a few buck on Amazon. In neither case does the original author benefit EXCEPT that they might be introduced to a person that hasn't read the author yet and gain a new fan.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote