View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #22
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
You'd think so but at least on my dead screen Kindle MobiPocket Desktop 6.0 still recognizes my Kindle and displays its PID.

It makes sense to "upgrade" the MobiPocket Desktop to exclude the Kindle instead of pushing out a firmware release via EVDO. When you open MobiPocket Desktop it will tell you if there is new version available and ask if you want to install it. Most people will upgrade automatically, I know that I did. But I was able to uninstall 6.1 and reinstall 6.0.

Amazon was probably getting complaints from Kindle owners that they weren't able to add their Kindle PID at MobiPocket to read DRMed ebooks. I know that I was told that MobiPocket Desktop does not support the Kindle from both MobiPocket and Amazon. Shortly after that 6.1 arrived with the Kindle only showing up as an USB drive.

I'm hoping that the PID is still based on the serial number so igorsk's fix will work if 6.0 doesn't recognize my new Kindle.

I'll find out probably tomorrow afternoon, US East Coast time.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote