Thread: Sigil v0.1.6
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #31
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Question about importing meta data tags from HTML

Hi,

I often work with a script called xpml2xhtml.py that converts pml to xhtml and then use Sigil to make the epub.

Typically this involves importing a single html file that has meta information in the head of the html file:

For example:

<meta name="Title" content="The Iraq Study Group Report" />
<meta name="Author" content="James A. Baker, III, and Lee H. Hamilton" />
<meta name="Publisher" content="Government of the United States" />

I assume that I can simply use the QDomDocument approach to get easy access to all of these meta tags and their values. Otherwise getting them via regular expressions is not that hard either.

Would it be of any interest to you if I tried to create a patch that did something like this so that the meta info dialog is filled in based on these values upon import of an html file?

A project like that would be a useful way to force myself to get more up to speed on the code while trying to help out in some way, but I don't want to step on any feet so to speak.

If you think something like this would be useful, I would be happy to give it a try over the holidays.

Take care,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote