Thread: CoolReader 3
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd1200cd View Post
I am a new member. I have been using CoolReader for Mobi and Aldiko. I came here becuase of a problem I encountered. I was using Coolreader 3 to read a book and everything was fine. In fact this is the second book. When I attempted to start reading a book again that I was half way through I have a problem. When I click the book to open it, the reader closes. I have reloaded the reader and the book, but the problem still exists. I have opened it with a different reader, but I do not like it as well. Any thoughts?

I have seen problems similar to this with recent versions of CoolReader on Android. I went back to an older version of CR3 and the problem disappeared. However, the Play Store kept bugging me to update CR3, and that became even more of an annoyance. I recently found that instead of just exiting gracefully out of CR3, if I just aborted CR3 by pushing the Home button that the CR3 crash problem seems to have disappeared.

Hopefully Buggins may find out the source of the crash that comes with leaving and reentering a book, and work out a fix for it.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote