View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Nice specs, not top of the line, but pretty good. I'm disappointed with the screen though, 1024x600 is not quite good enough. Had it been 1280x720 or 1280x800, that'd be a different story.
Agreed I'd rather have a higher resolution, but 1024x600 is still good, its the resolution of my nook Color and I'm quite happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Samsung is late to the show. This would've been a big hit if released last November during the holiday season. Now with quad-core tablets just around the corner, these specs are underwhelming at this $249 price point.

These specs could very well be the same ones Google/Asus bring to the table in the $149-$199 range. And $249 could see a quad-core tablet with higher resolution.
A couple things, one you're basing your facts on a rumor that has not been confirmed--while the Samsung product has hit the market, two ASUS constantly slips their Android products and seems to always struggle in their production, three Samsung just makes better hardware.

Also the rumor for the Asus tablet is it is a Google Nexus and it will not provide SD card slots, it will be a minimal device. Personally I would love to see the ASUS T3 they announced but I don't have a lot of confidence in ASUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyphemus View Post
This new tab seems to be a stripped down version of my gTab 7.0 plus, except for ICS.
Yes it seems the areas the stripped down aren't that important compared to the savings they offer. The major changes seem to be the chip (1.2GHZ->1.0GHZ) and the memory 16GB -> 8GB.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote