Thread: New to Kindle
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsKindle3 View Post
I just got a Kindle Keyboard 3 off Craigslist on Sunday and I like it so far. I managed to download 1 book off the amazon store. I was even able to get 1 picture on my Kindle. My kindle didnt come with a USB or Power cord so i ordered them off amazon. I know i cant do much without them, but i have a couple questions....

1) Is there a way (other than the hack i am reading about) to make the picture already on my Kindle my screensaver? I put it on there tonight but im confused from there.

2) Are there legit sites that have newer books I can download for free/cheap? I went to a few but they have older books (huck finn, etc) and i need newer ones. For example im looking for The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks for bookclub.

3) Is there a place that has covers and cases? I have 3 kids and i know one of em will drop it at some point. Id like to try and protect it.

and finally for your time reading this.
For #2 I like the Smashwords site: http://www.smashwords.com/ for newer books, also you can get all kinds of free books from the amazon website (just look up the category of book you're interested in and do a sort by price "Low to High").

For #3 Amazon has several covers listed (they even have a lighted cover that uses the K3 to power the light).
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote