Thread: Vox Reviews
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #32
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
I have a Dell Latitude with a matte screen and LOVE IT My old laptop had the glossy screen, which basically could double as a mirror. It was only a problem, really, when I would be watching something on the screen that had darker lighting, and then I see myself watching ... it was weird.

Judging by the Good eReader video review, the glossy screen isn't too bad. You get some reflection and glare from the camera's light, but it showed better compared to other video reviews I've watch with tablets. I don't know if they did any special lighting in the conference room, because of course they're going to want to to display in the very best way.

Yes, it's good to keep in mind the Good eReader plugs their shop in a lot of reviews, but I have seen them call stuff lackluster, not worth it, klunky, etc. I believe the author is Canadian, so I'm sure there's some nationalism going on, and he did the review with the CEO right there. It's definitely a limitation to an in-depth, objective review.

But I can't help but get excited. Now I'm just checking my inbox every few minutes to see if my order is in processing yet or not. I was late to the game (darn you, Lenovo!). Just checked BestBuy, and it all says backordered. But I might pop out at lunch and see if they have a demo set up or not.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote