View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
This site has reported that the 3G version has been discontinued and that there is no replacement. Anyone wanting a Nook with a browser, MP3 player or 3G access should consider that these features might not come back.
It was also said in the transcript of the announcement event as reported by cnet i believe.

Anyways this is depressing to me, I'm not ready to part with my nook. If you care about 3g then its a bummer, it will either drive the price of remaining nooks 3g up or drive people towards kindle. I wouldn't worry about browser or MP3 (if new nook has a headset jack), it will get rooted and this software will be installed in no time.
spec is offline   Reply With Quote