View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Python is not one of the programming languages that I am familiar with. I was thinking of first prototyping it in perl to check my ideas. I know a wide variety of programming languages, but python is not one of them. I just wanted to check initially that I was not duplicating something already done elsewhere.

Assuming my ideas work out I will look at the server.py code and see if I can work out how to put things into Python syntax. While I am at it I will see if I can generalize the structure a bit (perhaps in an external XML file) to make it easier for others to have variants of the structure I want.

I thought for first attempt it would be easier to access the metadata.db file directly as I can then use SQL statements to do the hard work of selecting and sorting entries. Should be easier than processing the current XML output by calibred? Or do you think it is worth jumping straight in and trying to modify server.py?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote