View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Love the Dresden files! Read the first several on a recommendation, then read the rest of the ones that were available two years ago. Am a little behind, but a series I liked more than Kim Harrison's Witch series.

Probably the only other series I liked this much was the Anita Blake series - the first five or six books anyway.

WARNING - slight rant!

After that, they turned into mediocre verbal p0rn, and are not really worth the paper they are printed on - the only exception was Obsidian Butterfly, which actually had a plot due to the fact it was set out of town. But the first books were all about the quirks of this strange woman who hunts monsters, collects penguins, has a tank of angel fish, and some friends that are quirky and real on their own. I kept waiting for her friends to knock some sense into her, however the author took the cop out of all of her real friends from the first books just being offended by her lifestyle and pretty much dropping her completely. These were people she went jogging with, spent time with, but they all disappeared except for the occasional comment about how they were judgmental and she doesn't see them any more. Basically, justification for saying the heck with everyone and anyone she ever cared about and liked that she is not sleeping with, or whom she might sleep with in the future. So preferred the tone and plot of the first books!

END rant.

Sorry about that - it got away from me, but I always feel I have to warn people. *shrugs*

The main reason I love the Dresden Files is that every book has a plot of it's own, and while they build off the previous books, the central plot is good, and interesting and fun to read!
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote